It is possible to both create a schedule you love and that works for your family. It can be tempting to try to like duplicate a traditional school schedule at home or to duplicate someone else’s homeschool schedule, but this training will empower you to create a schedule that works for YOU and your family.
You’ll walk away from this training with:
- Video: An Overview of Backwards Design
- Video: Step 1 – Set Your Goals
- Video: Step 2 – Determine Your Evidence
- Video: Step 3 – Choose Your Learning Activities
- Growth Guide: Rhythms of Planning
- Video: How to Plan (Find Time and Do It!)
- Video: Planning Inspirations (Ways to Make Your Lessons More Creative!)
- Video: Inside Look – How I Plan
- Homeschool Reset: Day 1
- Homeschool Reset: Day 2
- Homeschool Reset: Day 3
- Homeschool Reset: Day 4
- Homeschool Reset: Day 5
How to access this training:
- The Melanin Village Resouce Center has an assortment of free training available for melanated homeschooling families.
- Premium Access to The Melanin Village Resource Center unlocks all the trainings listed above.
- Village Sisters have access to additional trainings on this topic in The Village App. Not a Village Sister? Join here.
The Best Way to Plan Unit Studies: Backwards Design
Use videos here: https://village.melaninvillage.org/posts/growth-training-planning-units-studies-and-lessons-using-the-backwards-design-method
Pull all of these videos from this training: https://village.melaninvillage.org/posts/17427764
Resetting for the New Year
Search "homeschool reset" in the Google Drive and get the different days and paste them here. Also, add these as articles/blog posts that are public facing